Skip to content
Buckwheat Oat Gluten-Free Vegan Waffles
1 tbsp ground flaxseed
1 cup nut milk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup buckwheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 medium banana, mashed
1 tbsp oil (avocado, coconut, olive)
- Make a flax egg: add ground flaxseed and 2 1/2 tbsp water to a small bowl, stir and let it sit for 5 minutes
- In another bowl, add nut milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla; stir and set aside
- In another bowl, add buckwheat flour, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; stir and set aside
- In the bowl with the nut milk, add the flax egg, mashed banana and oil. Whisk all together
- Pour all wet ingredients into the bowl with dry flour ingredients. Stir well until combined and all flour pockets are mixed
- Let the batter sit for a few minutes, if batter is too thick, add a splash of nut milk
- To make waffles: use waffle maker, heat to medium high, place a bit of oil on skillet if needed. Let skillet heat first then add batter. Cook for a few minutes, until lightly browned and crisp
- Serve with maple syrup, strawberries, mango, banana, compote etc.
- Enjoy, in joy!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.