Lion's Mane Walnut Milk = Brain Milk
If you were a nut which nut would you be? Our Rainbo team has pondered this question more than once, and it's a fun one! The brain-lovers always say they'd be a walnut, because of walnuts superior brain health benefits.
Walnuts are like visual onomatopoeia's, but instead of sounding like what they are, they look like what they're good for! Have you ever noticed that a walnut bears striking resemblance to the brain? That must be for more than a cosmic giggle.
Enjoy this walnut milk. It's creamy, has a fragrant walnut taste and smell and is loaded with healthy omega 3 fatty acids - which are necessary for a healthy functioning brain. The human brain is nearly 60 percent fat. We've learned in recent years that fatty acids are among the most crucial molecules that determine your brain's integrity and ability to perform.
- 1 cup walnuts, soaked overnight
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1 medjool date (optional)
- 1 tbsp flax oil
- 10 ml Lion's Mane tincture
- 2 tsp ashwagandha
- Soak walnuts in purified water overnight, or for 8 hours
- Strain walnuts and rinse with water
- Add walnuts to blender and combine all ingredients in the blender
- Blend on high
- Grab your nut milk bag, a large mixing bowl and wash your hands!
- Place your nut milk bag into the mixing bowl, and pour your blended milk into the nut milk bag into the bowl
- Use your hands and squeeze out the nut milk! Keep squeezing until no more milk comes out of the pulp
- Clear the pulp from the nut milk bag into a container and store in fridge or freezer (have you tried our Recycled nut pulp Granola?)
- Pour milk into a glass jar and store in fridge for 2-4 days
- Enjoy, in joy!