March 03, 2021
This Chaga-tea based beverage is decaffeinated - although it would also taste delicious with 1 or 2 shots of espresso, if you fancy it.
The first step in this recipe is having your Chaga tea brewed and ready.
Chaga Brew Directions
- Add 6-8 (or more!) cups of filtered water in a large pot and bring to a boil
- Once boiling, bring heat down to simmer (your lowest setting)
- Once water has stopped boiling add 2 tsp of raw Chaga pieces to the water
- Mix into hot water and cover with lid
- Allow Chaga to steep/brew for 1-6 hours (on your lowest setting - don't boil!)
- Strain Chaga pieces and store in freezer in between batches, they can be used up to 6 times!
- Serve tea hot - you can use this Chaga tea as the base for your coffee: in an Aeropress or Chemex (instead of boiling water)
- Store tea in fridge and reheat when you need more
- 1.5 cup brewed Chaga Tea
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 cup oat or nut milk (warmed up)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. mesquite
- 1 tsp Forest Juice Maple Syrup, honey or sweetener of choice (optional)
- 4ml Chaga tincture (optional)
- Combine all ingredients together in a blender and blend on high.
- Add tincture directly to cup (optional step).