- 540ml Can of White Navy Beans (or sub for any bean type)
- 1 Lemon's worth of Juice
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 1 tsp. Salt, or to taste
- 5 Button Mushrooms
- 1 Portobello Mushroom
- 6 Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1/2 Large Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/3 Fennel Bulb (thinly sliced)
- 1 tbsp. Forest Juice (optional)
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1/8 tsp. Cayenne
- Olive Oil
- To make the dip, combine the beans, lemon juice, garlic cloves, tahini and salt in a blender until the desired consistency is reached and set aside.
- For the topping, heat olive oil in a pan and add in the sliced onion, fennel and, if using, the maple syrup. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until translucent.
- While cooking, chop your mushrooms into bite sized pieces.
- Now add the mushrooms, cumin and cayenne into the pan and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- To plate, put the dip down first and drizzle some olive oil and flaked salt, then place the caramelized mushrooms on top. As an optional garnish you can sprinkle some parsley on for some colour!