Foray Schedule 2023
The purpose of our mushroom forays is for mushroom identification, education, connecting to nature and each other!
Sunday October 1, 2023 - sign-up link
Sunday October 8, 2023 - sign-up link
*Location and details will be confirmed after sign-up. All forays will be located around 1 hour's drive north of Tkaronto/Toronto.
Foraging in uncertain times 🖐
The health and safety of our community is our primary priority.
- Forays require pre-registration and are limited to 40 people.
- Registration for the forays is open, please sign up for one foray only to allow others the opportunity to attend.
- Please only attend the foray if you are healthy, feel safe and are willing to be responsible and respectful of communal health.
- Should you be experiencing any signs of sickness such as cough, fever, runny nose, sore throat or illness, please let us know immediately and do not attend the foray. You will be refunded.
The Fungi Foundation
This year a portion of the proceeds will be donated to The Fungi Foundation.
The Fungi Foundation is the first charity in the world dedicated exclusively to the study and conservation of fungi. They work for fungi, their habitats and the communities that depend on them.
The Fungi Foundations has four main programs:
- Elders: to recognize and celebrate the ancestral relationships between fungi and other organisms, including humans.
- Conservation: to determine the probability of extinction of fungi in every continent using IUCN Red List Criteria and develop campaigns to protect them and their habitats.
- Education: to develop and implement the first global mycological curriculum to ensure that the study of fungi is included in school curriculums in different countries.
- Expeditions: Discover and preserve the fungal diversity and indigenous knowledge of the last wild places on Earth.
For more information, check www.ffungi.org